Friday, November 5, 2010

Daisy Blues

I love pretty paper.  I 'collect' too much of it.  I hoard it.  It's my disease.

I'm forcing myself to use it.  Making these boxes is the easiest way to use it up.  I've been starting with some of my favorite patterns just to get the big separation emotions over with.  Plus it helps to see how well the boxes come together when I'm loving the paper.

I made this box yesterday.  I've had the paper for a year or so.  It's relief embossed so the daisies are puffed out.  I just love the way it feels!

When coordinating colors, I found the striped paper in a stash from SU! that I've had for years and years.  I think the striped papers have the best WOW effect for the tray part of the box.  It's getting it lined up that's the hardest part.  And I'm so particular about that too.
I think it looks best open!

No comments:

Post a Comment